Based on Earthsong9405‘s AU where Twilight is the bodyguard to a “Princess/Queen Rarity”. Prior knowledge of the AU is not necessary to read the story.
- StoryRarity has a plan, as flawless and beautiful and as perfect as she is: The sovereign Mi Amore Cadenza has planned a visit, and with it an opportunity to capture her heart. There’s only one small problem with this plan.
- After Queen Rarity once more rejects the advances of one of the many noble ponies who seek her affection, Princess Sweetie Belle finds out that her sister is secretly in-love with somepony else, thus her heart-breaking streak. Alone in the throne room with her sister and the royal body guard, Twilight Sparkle, the young princess decides that she’s going to find out the identity of Rarity’s secret crush, no matter what.
- StoryTwilight takes her duties as Princess Rarity’s bodyguard seriously. She will follow her into battle, into long and tiresome meetings, and into the occasional ball. Unfortunately for her, it’s difficult to protect a princess in a sea of costumed ponies when you have no idea which one of them is the princess.
- StoryOfficial visits to Trottingham tended to be anything but exciting for Princess Rarity. She’d spend the entire week stuck in her room, trying to somehow keep herself entertained while running away from the unwanted advances of the local nobles. Then again, what better way to add excitement to the trip than convincing her bodyguard to join her on an illicit exploration of the city?
- StoryPrincess Rarity had everything planned for her beloved bodyguard’s birthday. It would start with a lovely trip to Trottingham, continue into an entire day in Equestria’s oldest library, and culminate into a wonderfully romantic moment in the Ethereal Gardens. It would be Twilight’s best birthday yet!